Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Homework

Watch the video below. Post a comment after watching the video. I want to know what you are thinking, feeling, and anything else that comes to mind. Do not just summarize it. Remember, I have to approve your comment...so if you do not see it right away, I will approve it later. Have fun!

26 comments:

  1. I think they felt as happy as can be because they found land. I have proof of that because when they found land they were screaming yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!, and they threw themselves ontho the beach. For me, i felt happy for Christopher Columbus and his men to find "the new world"


    By Andres Morales 5C

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought it was a very good video because it included the emotion and feeling you get when you achieve something you've been working on for 2 and a half months. Also I think it did a good job of filming the scences. The people on the ship looked exhausted and happy from the video and I really want to know which on is Columbus, the one at the beginning in white or the one near the end in a leathery jacketish thing. -Monica Su

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought they looked extremely happy to find land like when they layed down and hugged the ground after their long journey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As soon as they saw land I felt like that if I were Columbus I would be over joyed. Especially since he hadn't seen land in 2 to 3 months. When they were in the row boats heading for shore it almost seemed as if they could of been singing "Joy to the World". When they reached land I thought it was kind of funny because of the way they acted. As soon as they touched land they just fell to the ground and acted like they were NEVER going to step foot off it again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also wondered why they didn't have weapans incase the indians attacked




    campbell

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like this clip. I really like the way it shows how excited Columbus and his crew was to reach land.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a really cool video. I really liked the part when they put the anchor down and reached land. They were real happy about it. They were kneeling down when they stepped on the sand. After a really long journey, they finally got to their destination.

    ReplyDelete
  8. at first they are sailing and they see land. They think they have reached Asia but the haven't. Then they get on their canoes and fly the spain flag. The last thing is that columbus is on his knees praying and saying thank you.
    Rachel:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was very happy when they reached land. It must have been a HUGE impact in their lives! I was overjoyed.



    - Maddie Shay #15 5C 9-23-10

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think the people on the expidition were really impaitient to reach land. They were probably overjoyed to see land. As soon as they sighted land they were cheering and yelling. When they touched the unfamiliar land they all fell down and kneeled because they were very excited. This is what I think about this great video.
    -Mike He

    ReplyDelete
  11. I felt happy for Columbus for reaching land after he was told by so many people told him he could not do it. It inspired me to go after my dreams even if people tell me I can not do it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think it from the video Columbus very happy when he reached land.I also think that video was very emotional because it actually gave a feel of how proud and happy Columbus was.

    ReplyDelete
  13. In this video really expressed how they wre relly glad to see land and to walk on solid ground.They must have thought mission accomplished.
    Good Bye,
    Priya Mekala

    ReplyDelete
  14. I felt glad for Christopher Columbus and his crew because if they did not find land they could`ve gone many more days on the ship and run out of food and water and the people on the ship might have died.But probably getting to the land was the best part of all. -Shane S.

    ReplyDelete
  15. These men are really happy about finding this place! I would be happy too, but I wonder what kind of situations they might face.

    -Joanne Hong 5C

    ReplyDelete
  16. It had great detail and it made me happy when they reached land.They started walking like they had never seen land before.




    Abbie Klassen #7 5c 9/23/10

    ReplyDelete
  17. I imagine that the sailors were overjoyed to see and feel land after two months on the ships. They probably were discouraged during their expedition because they thought they would never step on land again. Also, Columbus was relieved to have finally found a shorter way to "The Indies".

    Victor 5C

    ReplyDelete
  18. I liked the video because it has a sailor's perspective and I was glad for all the people including Columbus because they got to the land.Even I would be happy to reach land after being on a ship for more than 2 months.They might also be really happy to find and explore a new land.

    ReplyDelete
  19. i think the people was really happy to see the land.and i could tell that they have a hard time.this is a great viedo to show how they felt

    ReplyDelete
  20. i think that the sailor is happy to see the land. and i could tell that they have a hard time.

    ReplyDelete
  21. They felt relieved and happy for reaching land. Even though they reached the wrong place this video proves that Columbus started the land we live in today.
    -Mihir Chadaga

    ReplyDelete
  22. I just love all the emotion in this clip.
    When the people threw themselves on the ground, I could haved cried out loud. It's amazing, isn't it? I never thought of Columbus as inspiring untill today. Please post more movie clips Ms.McKnight!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This video is very touching.It shows all the emotion and feeling Cristopher Columbus and his crew had.It makes me feel very, very happy that they found land because after sailing for 2-3 months, they had very little hope in their lives to find land.If he had not found the land, we probably would not be here.:)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I think they were very very happy that they reached land.Whenever they saw land people were swinging their jackets,and cheering their hearts out.I still want to know which one was Columbus.I agree with Campbell why didn't they bring weapons...maybe they did have some, they just didn't show it.Were they talking in a foreign language?Anyway I still think they were happy.


    Brian.N

    ReplyDelete
  25. I thought that they were all happy (obviously)
    Columbus and the others were probably tired of the long trip.



    Juan

    ReplyDelete
  26. I think they were excited to reach land because they were tired from a long trip.The music really really scared me I thought someone was going to die.I thought the clip was great but creepy.

    ReplyDelete