
The American Green Tree Frog has black eyes, a green body (most of the time), it is about two inches long, it lives two to five years long and it has toe pads to help it climb windows, walls and trees. It can be pale yellow to white depending on its mood, tempurature or surroundings. It has a great sense of hearing and it can sense vibrations through the ground! It can be found in Florida, eastern Texas, Loisianna, Mississippi, North Carolina and South Carolina, eastern Virginia, Georgia, southeastern Missouri and western Tennesee. This little frog feasts on crickets, flies, moths and other insects. It lives in lakes, ponds and swamps. The females lay 400-600 eggs, the eggs hatch within 4-6 days.
By: Delaney
COOL Delaney! I don't think I've ever heard of the American Tree Frog. The closest thing I've heard of is the Red Eyed Tree Frog. You learned something new everyday. My only question is is, how many times in one life time do they lay eggs?
ReplyDeleteHope you respond D!
-Meghan