Monday, November 1, 2010

Life in the Colonies Homework

For homework tonight, please answer the following question either as a comment to this blog or as a sticky note on my wall.
What kind of life do you think kids in the colonies had? Why?
Please answer completely and be sure to put your name after your comment.

9 comments:

  1. The kids had a lot of hard work in school as well as helping around the house and the teachers were pretty rough at that time and maybe a tiring life. I think that we have a better life than some of the colonies, because comparing to the southern colonies they are much worse since they have to work sunrise to the sundown and maybe even after that. But comparing to the New England colonies and the middle colonies I think we are probably pretty much the same. But when you compare work they work much harder like plowing fields and growing crops. --Monica--

    Here is a video of a typical life of a colonist family:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WbxiPMg0nQ&p=91A18EF3D9378BBD&index=6&feature=BF

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the kids in the colony had tough lives. I think that because at school if they didn't follow the rules, they faced punishments like sitting on a one-legged stool and wearing a sign all day that said something embarrassing.Also, after school, they had to do chores on a farm.They also had very little free time.

    - Chance Olson

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the kids had a very difficult life because they had to wake up early in the morning and walk to school, plus they had to gather firewood or else they got punished. After school, they had to come home and do chores for their parents. The kids barely got any free time to play or relax, unlike we do. I'm really happy that I am living in this generation.


    Simin

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that kids in the colonies had very difficult lives. They had to get up early and work late hours either on the family farms or as apprentices. Some of them also went to school to learn how to read and write.


    Victor #6 11/1/10 5C

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think they had an okay life,because they had some punishments, some of them were dumb like you put on a hat that says good for nothing baby (or something to that effect).The bad punishments were like you balance on one foot on a wooden stool with nothing to help you(yikes!).
    But they did have games during their free time,with wood hoops,marbles, and physical activities like hide and go seek, a present day game.I'm glad I got to try out some of the games they played or I maybe would not know what games they played.THANKS MS.MCKNIGHT YOU ROCK!!But my main point is they had an okay life.
    Brian Nguyen
    signing off.

    P.S I could not get the student one to work so I used my Email.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think life for kids must be very hard because lots of kids had to go to school most of the time, or if they didn't then they probably helped at home.Not many kids had lots of free time either.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think that they had a hard life because what they mostly do every day is work and they rarely got free time to play.by blake

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think it was hard because of the chores they had. I also think it was fun because in their free time (which rarly happens) they got to play really cool games.

    Dylan

    ReplyDelete
  9. i think that the kids life was pretty hard because they had to wake up early and go to school, then when they got home they had to do chores.
    rachel

    ReplyDelete