Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Chapter 5 Sign of the Beaver

Please comment on the following question or click here to respond on wall wisher.
Do you think that Matt is irresponsible because he climbed the bee tree? Why or why not?

15 comments:

  1. I think he is responsible because he needed to eat. You can't survive without eating. He might of wanted to just take a small part of the honeycomb. I also think he is irresponsible because he could of ate fish but he can't eat fish everyday. Right??? -Monica-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes and no because...
    Yes it was dumb because he should have known of the dangers and risk of a sworm.

    No because if I was tired of one taste I would get risky

    -Nathan

    ReplyDelete
  3. No but also yes.I think that because he was not responsible when he didn't listen to his dad's advice to not climb the bee trees.At the same time he was responsible because when he was attacked by bees, he ran and jumped in the lake to get them away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No I do not think he is irresponsible because, bees were from England so he probaly did'nt have much knowledge of them, and after all, he was desprate for food.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well I dont think it was the right chose to go up into the beehive. The bees if you get stung alot it can be poisonious.Or you can get very injured.He was lucky he got in the water and that the indian guy was there! By Brian 5A.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I dont think it was very smart of MAtt to go up the tree because he could of gotten seriouly hurt from the bees,i dont think it was very smart.

    By:Alyssa Lopez

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think that Matt was a little clumsy to climb the bee tree but I think that he was really lucky that Saknis was passing by when he did.


    Sanaya Nasta 5D #12

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think it was not responsible or smart of Matt to climb the bee tree because his father already told him it was too dangerous and he probably knew he would get stung.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think he was being pretty irresponsible because he could have got something else, and not just being clumsy and doing what he wanted.
    He is lucky that Saknis was in the area when he did that, or else he could have gotten really hurt.
    Rachel :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't think Matt made the right choice.He is 12 and he also didn't follow his dad's rule.He was very lucky that the Indians noticed Matt.
    Sana Sugita 5A

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think that he is responsible. Because i think that he might of been not shear that the bees where safe. sadley thay where not safe but he had to fond that out the hard whay. :(
    And he must not of been a round bees in Englind atleast thats a good reason!
    He is supper smart because he is still a live living alown.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think Matt should of thought before climbing the tree. He could of died from all the stings or by drowning. I don't think he was irresponsible. He probably deserved some honey, he should of just come up with a better way to get it. I would get so sick of plain old fish every night!


    By: Macy

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't entirely say Matt was irresponsible about climbing the tree. I mean, come on maybe he was really dumb about doing that.But you got to admit, he was pretty smart about jumping in the water.So it was kinda of a 50-50.


    -Brian 5B =)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think yes because Matt should of thought of what dangers he would face when he would climb up the bee tree.But atleast he didn't die and actually jumped into the water.

    ReplyDelete
  15. No but also yes.I think that because he was not responsible when he didn't listen to his dad's advice to not climb the bee trees.At the same time he was responsible because when he was attacked by bees, he ran and jumped in the lake to get them away.

    - chance

    ReplyDelete