Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Social Studies Homework

Please watch the following two videos and post a comment. If you cannot comment, please email your response or write it down.

21 comments:

  1. #1, I think it was very cruel and mean for those men to put tar on a man. I don't think they should have done that. Also, if I was James, I would have told the men to stop what they were doing and leave him alone, instead of going with it as if it was ok.
    #2, I really don't get why those British soldiers were going to take the stuff from the wagon. I honestly don't know why. Is it because they thought they had the right to because they were British soldiers and the colonists there weren't? Or just because they wanted to. IDK.

    -Meghan : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it was unfair that the men put tar on a poor man.and also I can't believe that British soliders think the sheep sounds like Indian.
    Michelle Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel so sorry for that man. He only had a different opinion. The colonists were just as and even more cruel than the British soldiers. That 'cycle of pain' really shouldn't have to take place in a person. I agree with Meghan that James shouldn't have done what he did. He shouldn't have just stood there laughing.
    I also have an answer for Meghan. They were going to 'check' the items. They really didn't expect to find printed materials, but hoped to find some things of value that they could sell.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought it was very mean to put tar on that man. If was Sarah I would go over there and tell them to stop and think about there liberty and that man deserved the same liberty they wanted.

    I wonder how they did not think about other people's liberty it looks like they only care about theirs.

    John Adams did a good thing by giving the British soldiers in the Boston Massacre a fair trial, just because you don't like them does not mean they don't deserve a fair trail.

    -Priya Mekala :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wondered why they put tar and feathers on that guy so he would look like a barn owl. If I was there, I would have stopped them. It was smart to form a group of people to fight against the British. I think they were the Sons of Liberty.


    - Chance

    ReplyDelete
  6. #1 I think that it was pure rude of the men to put tar on the other guy. James should have stopped them than laughing at him. When Lames saw how bad he was hurt, then he realized he should have stopped them.

    #2 I think it was a good idea for the french guy to pretend he was with sheep so the British soldiers would not stop them and ask what they were doing.

    rachel:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thought it was very disrespectful to that poor man. I can't believe people can live their lives torturing people like that. Do they have any idea how MEAN that is!!!!!! I would feel terrible if I did something like that. James should have suck up for that guy. Like the guy said, WHAT ABOUT HIS FREEDOM!!!????!!!!???? Well, I really don't know why the soldiers wanted that stuff in the wagon.

    ~Maddy 5C

    ReplyDelete
  8. I learned some new things. I was surprised that some of the leaders wanted to ask the king of England for help. I am surprised that the leaders of the colony finally voted to ask King George for help. As it said in the show, "It could be weeks before there is news about King George's response."
    I thought it was mean hurt the guy by covering him in tar and feathers.
    I wonder if the shooting of the churches really happened. If it did, I wonder if we will read about it in Social Studies soon.

    Quinn

    ReplyDelete
  9. At first I though that the patriots were doing the ight thing but then I saw the men;who I thought were the sons of liberty put tar and feathers and threw rocks at the man who did not do anything but mind his own buissness.then I thought that John Adams was doing the right thing by stateing out that the soildiers of the Bosten Massecre were innocent I also didn't know that the colonist at the Bosten Massicre were drunk.I think that the soildiers at the wagon were being very greedy by steeling the stuff from the wagon and trying to make a quick buck.John Adams also spoke the truth when he said that he is a American and not aman from the colonies and did not care about the distinktions.

    TRE

    ReplyDelete
  10. I felt sorry for the man that tar and feathers on himself. Sarah was right, James had to help the man. Instead he went to watch and laugh at the man. Sarah went with her friend all the way to Abigail Adam, John Adams`s wife.

    -Vaishnavi

    ReplyDelete
  11. OK, WHY IN THE WORLD WAS JAMES LAUGHING WHILE FEATHER/TAR DUDE WAS GETTING PELTED.Also the scene after the tar dude pelting, Moses said some pretty wise words if you ask me. I also liked the sheep army in part 2.That is all I have to say.

    Brian :-D

    ReplyDelete
  12. That was really really cruel to put tar on that poor man. It must have really hurt him.The Patriots were really enjoying seeing that man in pain. If I was James, I would have gone up to them and told them to stop instead of laughing at that poor man. Abigail Adams WAS really nice, and she was smart ,too, because she drove the British soldiers from taking their wagons. It was really nice how James started crying at the end when he saw that man in bed. He must have felt bad for laughing at him. I liked the videos. You should post more videos like this. Thx.

    -Simin Bhayani:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. #1: I think James was kind of rude saying that he would be at the Patriots' sides to John Adams. Also, James shouldn't have laughed with the men who were laughing at the sailor. That is just curel!
    #2: Those British soldiers were so weird to fall for that trick with the sheep!

    Joanne Hong 5C

    ReplyDelete
  14. I thought it was a bit challenging for Sarah to go on the mission John Adams sent her.I still did not get why the british soliders wanted the wagon and the goods.So I think Sarah stood up to her rights to say that her father was the the general of the British.She did not get scared and let the british take control.
    Janhvi

    ReplyDelete
  15. If I were British and I saw this video, I would be mad. If I were a colonist and saw this movie, I would be graceful. James thinks he knows everything, but Moses does. Sarah better think before she speaks. She is acting like a loyalist in the colonies.

    - Andres Morales

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think it was mean to put the tar on the man. I think the big argument in Carpenters hall was possibly the first continental congress.As they were, a lot of them wanted to end this peacefully. I think John Adams was a great man to stick up for the British soldiers who killed 5 people in the Boston Massacre.

    Mike He

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think it was an incredible journey for Sarah.
    But why did the soldiers think that the sheep were other patriots? I get it at first but Indians don't make those type of noises. Yes, they can make noises and all, but not sheep-like i don't think. What those patriots did to the poor man was terrible! They're criminals! I can't belive they let thr tarsink into his body! -Sydney

    ReplyDelete
  18. I thought that there wasnt any point of putting tar on that guy, I did not get why they did it anyway!



    - Juan

    ReplyDelete
  19. i thought it was cruel to coat the man in tar I was so suprised.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I thought the video was good but one part I did not like and that was the part where they put the tar on the man. I thought the tar would not hurt the man but it did. One part I thought was really good and part was when Sarah met that girl I forgot her name but she was really nice to Sarah. That is what I think about the video.

    - Anna

    ReplyDelete